Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A day at home

It has been great to have JoDee home. She has done very well at making her way around the house and spending time with the kids. She has actually been able to manage the stairs quite well. I find it amazing how quickly you can forget how crazy three kids can be. I guess our time in the hospital was a lot quieter than I realized. Today has been full of errands and to-do lists which have been neglected for nearly two weeks and needed to be done prior to the thanksgiving break.

JoDee was able to shower and put something on other than a hospital gown, which I think helps her feel a lot better - we’ll cut her some slack for wearing pajamas all day. She has been able to sit and watch the kids play, and it has been funny to see her try and get after them if they do something wrong. She obviously can’t move very fast or talk very loud, so it is really quite funny for us, but frustrating for her. We have been able to spend some good time together as a family and we look forward to enjoying Thanksgiving together. We definitely have a lot to be thankful for.

8 comments:

  1. You need a bell to ring to solve that "hollering" at the kids problem. If your looking for some sport, a Nerf gun might do the trick as well. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! I'm so happy to see you are home.

    Cindy Wedel

    ReplyDelete
  2. JoDee
    We were absolutely thrilled to hear that you have been able to go home. Your strength and stamina is amazing and an inspiration to us all. I can't imagine the emotional stress on top of the physical stress that you have endured. It almost moves me to tears to know that you are finally back home with your family again. I wish you a continued speedy recovery and a happy thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving! We are all SO thankful that JoDee is healing and home to be with you Bryan, the kids and mom and dad.

    We constantly think of you and continue to pray for you all. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You going home JoDee is definitely something Todd and I have been praying for. Happy Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Brian and Jodee -
    A very happy thanksgiving to you! Jimmy got great news - he gets out of Craig for the ENTIRE day and will be able to spend the day up north here at our house. Here's his blog if you want to follow his journey. We're grateful with you for all the small and the big things.....

    http://jameskbaldwin.blogspot.com/2009/11/to-give-thanks.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is wonderful that you are all home together.
    Happy Thanksgiving Schramm Family!!!
    Love, The O'Grady's

    ReplyDelete
  7. How grateful I am that the Lord has been so merciful to you JoDee,I have fasted much for you and your family and you have been in my prayers daily. Today was the first day I've found out how you have been and I am so relieved! One thing I learned from my own personal trauma experience 12 yrs ago is that rest is vital to your recovery. Be patient with yourself and let others help you as hard as that may be. What a blessed Thanksgiving this is for all of you. All my love...Sis. Moyor

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Thanksgiving! We cut our tree in the Jemez on Friday, but it wasn't the same without your family. We needed Bryan's eye and JoDee's patience. :) We hope you are doing better each day. You are missed!
    The Nye Crew

    ReplyDelete