Friday, November 20, 2009
Chest Tube
Well, today JoDee had a small set back and had to have a tube placed in her chest (between broken ribs) to help drain the fluid (blood and other) that has collected in her abdomen. The tube is located on her left side under her harm and is actually much larger than what I expected. The volume of fluid has been monitored by the x-rays and CAT scans, and has gotten to the point where it is inhibiting her damaged lung from being able to expand properly. At this point she is only able to use about 25% of her lung capacity, and this must be increased asap. All this happened and was completed by about 1PM today. Draining is occurring and she will have to be closely monitored for the next two or three days. She is resting now, and unfortunately will be quite uncomfortable while this tube is in place.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Hey Jod's I hope you getting to see these comments. You should know how much I've thought of you this week. I can't help but think about your great energy and spirit and how it would take more than a vehicle to squash that.
ReplyDeleteMy thoughts and prayers continue to be with you as you experience the highs and lows of recovery.
Dave Orr
JoDee, if you can believe it, our little Alyssa is in university taking Respiratory Therapy! She is following your recovery closely and is amazed at how well you are doing.
ReplyDeleteOf course! Hang in there through the setbacks and keep getting better. We love you tonnes!
The Lambs
Hey Bryan, i've never met you but I know JoDee from Kelowna growing up. I just wanted to thank you for all the updates. I can't amagine what you are going through but make sure you are resting and taking a break too! This must be a scary time! Your Family are in our prayers!
ReplyDeleteShelley Hughes (Clark)
Oh, I'm sorry you guys. But this will help her and will allow her to have an easier time recovery.
ReplyDeleteWe love you so much and are glad you are there for each other.
Kari
Love you JoDee!
ReplyDeleteThat was sad news - hate to hear of a setback.
ReplyDeleteWe pary that it solves the problem with the lung. You are both so amazing - Just keep hanging in there. Love, MOM
Sorry to hear about the setback. We know you'll bounce back quick! Our thoughts and prayers are with you many times a day!
ReplyDeleteWendi and Mike
Sorry about the setback. I can only imagine how much pain you are in. Hang in there! You sure have come a long way, already...way to go!! Love you guys!!
ReplyDeleteHang in there Bryan. JoDee has already shown she is much tougher than a little fluid in her abdomen.
ReplyDelete