Thursday, November 19, 2009

Clean Hair

Mom was able to wash JoDee's hair today, and JoDee mentioned to me that she has never been more grateful for clean hair than she was today. Not to be too gross, but let’s just say there was a lot of junk in that do. (dirt from the road, a lot of blood from her head injury, and other stuff). Along with clean hair she was able to have a bit of a sponge bath, both of which have helped to feel a little more like herself. No showers yet primarily due to the epidural and some of the other tubes etc…

Today she also did a lot more walking. She is doing a great job at getting out and doing laps around the nurse’s station. The walks are good for her, and if we can get her to sleep in between them it is great.

She had some visitors tonight, and was awake and alert enough to talk and visit for a while. It was great for her to see some very close and dear friends. For the first time she has asked me to read a bit of the blog and comments to her, she really appreciated and enjoyed the great comments that have been shared.

I was able to talk with Kristy Stout briefly this evening (Kristy was by JoDee’s side at the accident along with me) and we were both just amazed to see how far she has come in five short days. From literally being unresponsive, not moving and not breathing to walking, and telling me what to do again, all in less than a week. She is determined to get better and she has been a true inspiration to me and to all those around us. It has been a long but great day.

21 comments:

  1. JoDee, you are truly amazing!! Seriously, it's incredible how far you have come in such a small amount of time! Oh, and congrats on the clean hair! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom told me about the hospital salon set-up in the bathroom...must feel so good:) You are doing great, JoDee! Can't wait to visit with you...love you, sista!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey JoDee, Its your long lost friend Shelley Clark (Hughes). You were always so strong growing up that I'm not supprised at the progres you have made. I cried sad tears when I heard about the accident and I cry happy ones today. You are amazing and always have been! You have been in our family prayers.Keep showing the determination that has always been you! Love ya Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi JoDee. You don't know me but I am Nikki McBride's mother, over here in Hawaii. The othe day I was checking Nikki's blog and saw that she posted a note about your accident. I clicked on the link and have been following your progress for a couple of days. Needless to say, I am so impressed by your giant spirit and that of your husband! I called Nikki to tell her how sorry I was to hear about you and she said she cried and cried when she heard about the accident. She asked everyone who reads her blog to pray for you. Well, I have been praying for you and I KNOW Heavenly Father answers our prayers. Nikki has always spoken so highly of you and your family and today when I logged on, I finally got to see your picture, along with your daughter. You and she are so beautiful!! I hope and pray for your continual recovery and that there won't be lingering, lasting effects from the trauma you've experienced. There is an old song and one of the lines states: "Heaven must be missing an angel...." and now I know who she is!

    God Bless you, JoDee!

    Stephanie Yamashita

    ReplyDelete
  5. JoDee girl,

    I am so glad that you are doing so much better!! I love you! You have been in my thoughts and prayers all week! I am so grateful that your health is improving each day! Heavenly Father loves YOU and hears and answers prayers for sure!!

    You sure have an adorable family! I love the picture of you and Sadie! You and she are so very beatuiful! (I like this picture way, way more then the accident picture!! The accident picture still makes me feel so sad!)

    I am just so grateful you are on the mend!! Hope you have a good day and know that so many people love you and are cheering for you!

    Carma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three cheers for JoDee! I am so glad you were able to wash your hair yesterday. I am sure it has made a huge difference in how you feel and is one thing you can enjoy. Especially considering some of the "cruchy" hospital food that they might make you eat! (do you remember that from when I had my surgery back in the day?)

    Anyway, Mike and I are so happy to hear you are doing well. I check for updates a bazzilion times a day and am so glad when I can come to work in the morning and get an update on your amazing progress. You are an inspriation. I love you and Bryan. It was nice to talk to you the last week and to talk to the kids. Bryan, you are wonderful. I am sorry we don't get to see you as much but we enjoy you when we can!

    Love you Jodes and Bryan.
    Kari

    P.S. JoDee, my pencil crayon holder turned out awesome! When you need a break from looking at the boring hospital walls have Bryan go to my blog (lawlorlife.blogspot.com) and show you. It is the 3rd post from the top.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey,girl! I'm so glad to hear how well you are recovering and feeling. I wish I could be one of those "close, dear friends" that could come and see you, but know that I think of you and Bryan, many, many times a day! Love you and keep working hard!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the clean hair! That must feel wonderful! I can't believe how fast you are making a recovery! I am so impressed, and thankful. Keep the good news coming! :) Abbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's amazing what clean hair can do! :) Thinking about you JoDee and I hope today holds even more progress. Keep it up! You're doing so great! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's been a long time since my emotions have been this close to the surface. Cali keeps telling me "you're fake crying..." Seriously!!!!!! Everytime I turn on the blog and I hear the song Soul Sister, I loose it! You are a light...you are a fighter and I'm so lucky that you are my friend! When you sent me the link to that song several weeks ago, I think I told you at first I thought it was about me (the title)...and then I think I told you that I was a bit confused when I heard the lyrics...(hairy chest...me?????) Anyhow, I posted it on my blog as well...it's amazing what music can make you feel...it has kept me connected to you in many ways...So glad Bryan put that on here....New Moon came out...
    "See ya, Edward and Jacob...I'm Team JoDee today!!! It's so good to hear you are doing better. I miss you like crazy! I

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful update. And you just can't beat clean hair, sometimes. So glad JoDee is improving so quickly. We continue to pray for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. JoDee, you are so amazing - such a fighter. I've
    always loved that quality in you. I can't imagine how hard it was to get your hair washed.
    I'm so glad your Mom is there with you. What a blessing. We took Grandma Tanner to the Temple today and I put your whole family's names on the prayer role. You are in my thoughts constantly
    and in our prayers daily...Love you, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for keeping us all updated! JoDee you're amazing and I've always wanted to be just like you. :) Clark and I are praying for ya and thinking about you all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jodee you are awesome! It's been a long time since we have seen or talked to you guys! We are pulling for you! Our family is also praying for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jodee,

    We're exicited to see how well you are doing. We'll keep you and your wonderful family in our prayer.

    Guy Baker

    ReplyDelete
  16. JoDee, we are so glad you are doing better!!! Todd and I have thought so much about you and Schramm and your kids. We pray for your speedy recovery every day. We're sending a lot of love your way from Kansas!

    love, Sara

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay JoDee!!!! You're one tough cookie! You have so much to live for! You are amazing and I am thrilled to hear you are pulling through. You seem to have one fantastic husband. How blessed you are JoDee! Keep on doing what you're doing!

    :) Emily Boisselle

    ReplyDelete
  18. You go JoDee, That's the way to get better. Keep it up and I will continue to put you name on the temple prayer list for the next cuople of months. We love you and you and Bryan and the kids are in our prayers. Love Glenn & Carol Lamb

    ReplyDelete
  19. Way to go JoDee! You are making such amazing progress in such a short amount of time.
    "G-O-O-D" job. You always have been full of strength and determination.
    Thanks for the updates Bryan!
    love ya both
    Janna Kunz

    ReplyDelete
  20. There is always something to be said for clean hair. :) We are so glad to hear that JoDee is getting back to her cute self. We miss you so much!
    Love, The Nyes

    ReplyDelete
  21. JoDee, Yay on the progress! I am so proud of what you have accomplished! Keep it up! Love, Cathy

    ReplyDelete