Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Outta the ICU

She did it! I never thought we’d be so happy to go to a “regular” hospital room. JoDee continues to amaze the doctors, nurses and everyone else in the ICU with her strong spirit and determination. We have been very impressed with the caliber of doctors and nurses, they have all been great.

After the CAT scan (this is her third), her walk, and a good nap we were able to be transferred over to the “surgical patient rooms”, just down the hall from ICU. Upon arriving in our new room, we got settled for about five minutes and then headed down to x-ray to get some pictures of JoDee’s shoulder. She has been complaining a lot about some pain in her left shoulder and the doctors wanted to ensure they haven’t missed an injury. By the time we got back to her room around 4:30pm JoDee was quite pale and completely exhausted.

It is much quieter in our new room, and we don’t have a bunch of monitors and alarms beeping and flashing at all hours, so that is nice. We’ll see how JoDee continues to progress and how she feels about having visitors. I’m sure when she’s ready it would lift her spirits, so we’ll keep everyone posted. She still has a long road to full recovery ahead, and every little bit helps.

As I’ve said before, let’s hope tomorrow is as good as today, if not better.

7 comments:

  1. It is great to hear how Jodee is doing. There are alot of friends and family praying for you and your family. Your a strong one Jodee, keep it up. One step at a time. Your in our prayers daily. Thanks for the updates Bryan.
    The Neilsons'

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! We are so glad to hear you are out of ICU and so soon! Makes us know our prayers are being answered! We love you~! Thanks Bryan for being vigilent in keeping us all so well updated.
    Darc, Kim, Austin and Camryn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Bryan,

    We really appreciate the updates. That is so great to hear that things are continuing to improve. JoDee and all your family are in our thoughts and prayers.
    -Mark and Cari

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad to hear that JoDee is doing so much better! Your family continues to be in my daily thoughts and prayers! How grateful I am for Heavenly Father's care upon JoDee!

    I love you JoDee!

    Carma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea!! That is sooo good to hear!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your progress is outstanding JoDes, great job! Those Doctors and Nurses have only had a peek at what you're all about!! I am so excited you're able to move rooms. I pray for you to have the energy you need. Your progress is showing that our prayers are being answered. Love you!
    Bryan--you are doing a great job on the updates, thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're thinking of you, Bryan, JoDee and family. Hang in there. We are so happy to hear of the progress. Thanks for this exciting post!
    Peter and Missy

    ReplyDelete