Today JoDee was strongly encouraged by the trauma surgeon to get up and about to facilitate movement, blood flow and deeper breathing. So, after sitting up and eating a little breakfast (juice and a croissant) she decided that it was time to try and get out of bed and try to walk. It took mom, dad and I to manage all the cords, tubes, tanks and other items but she successfully walked about sixty feet (about 90 baby steps). After which she slept soundly until her CAT scan at 1:15PM.
At 1:15PM she had another CAT scan of her head and neck, to further check on the bleeding and head injury in general. Upon return to the room she felt like trying to walk again. So, once again we held all of her “gear” so that she could walk about sixty feet. She is now back in the room and waiting to try a little lunch before getting some more rest. Great day so far.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



That's huge! Way to go Jodes!
ReplyDeleteYay! Good job JoDee! We love you! Keep it up!
ReplyDeleteThat's great news!! You can do it JoDee!!!
ReplyDeleteLove ya
Way to go JoDes!!!!!! You are amazing!!!!
ReplyDeleteJust want you guys to know that I'm thinking of you. We are praying for you. So glad to hear that JoDee is doing better!
ReplyDeleteThat is so great, good job JoDes!
ReplyDeleteThat is AWESOME! Way to go JoDee!
ReplyDeleteHi Bryan! It's Linnea (Janelle's sister) from ICU. GREAT news about JoDee's progress! I hope you are taking care of yourself, too, as I know from 8 days in there how exhausting it can be for the body and soul.
ReplyDeleteJimmy is in Craig and trying to grasp the severity of his situation. Today was super hard, but we are trusting that each day has enough worries that we won't worry about tomorrow yet.
I will keep you and your family close in my prayers.
Hey Soul Sister that's awesome you're doing great!...can't get that song out of my head either , love it! keep it up !
ReplyDeleteGood for you JoDee! What great news.
ReplyDeleteYeah JoDee!! From part of your huge cheering section....Kelly, Eric, Mackenzie and John John!!
ReplyDeleteJoDee you are amazing! We are so glad that you are progressing each day. You are in our hearts and our prayers. We love you and miss your sweet family.
ReplyDeleteTake care, The O'Grady's
90 steps!!!! Way to go JoDee, I wish we were there to help out! I would put a big "cinabon" about 100 steps away, and tomorrow I think you could do it! We love you! Bryan we love you too. Your tenderness is so touching! Please give JoDee a big hug for us!
ReplyDeleteWoohoo!! Way to go JoDee!! We are cheering for you. We sure love you and your sweet family! We will be praying for you!
ReplyDeleteYEAH! We are so excited and happy to hear about the progress.
ReplyDeleteStrong girl! Great news...smiling!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWow! That is a surprise I hadn't expected so soon. That's is amazing to go so far on the first try. We're so happy for your progress.
ReplyDeleteKeep it up. You are in our hearts and prayers...MOM
Thanks for sharing the wonderful news!
ReplyDeleteOur little family is praying for you and sending you all the good, happy, healing thoughts that we can.
We miss you. . .
Love,
The Benzleys
Great job JoDee! You're in our prayers! Good job getting up and around!
ReplyDeleteFantastic News!!! We love and pray for you and your family. Wish I could watch your kids or bring you dinner...We'll keep praying.
ReplyDeleteLove, Angie
That's awesome! Way to go JoDee. You are in our prayers. We are all cheering you on--each step of the way :)
ReplyDeleteWay to go JoDee! You're a fighter for sure!
ReplyDelete